Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Domestic Goddess Project: Baking Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am a big fan of domestic godesses such as Martha Stewart, Nigella Lawson and Ina Garten so I'm starting this new segment here in my blog; The Domestic Goddess Project. I will feature my cooking and baking skills (or lack of) and as well as my DIY projects. If you've been following my blog, you'll know that I've been doing some baking and DIY shirt reconstructions.

Here's my latest "masterpiece": The Chocolate Chip Cookies



You will need:
1. Cookie sheet
2. Medium Mixing Bowl
3. Electric Mixer or spatula if mixer is not available
4. Ice cream scooper or 2 spoons if scooper is not available

Ingredients:

1 stick of softened butter (also equivalent to 1/2 cup)
The cookie mix (which made my baking life easier)
1 egg
Step 1:
Preheat oven to 375° F. 
If necessary, soften cold butter in microwave on high power for 10-15 seconds

Step 2:
Blend egg and butter in medium bowl using spoon or electric mixer.
Add cookie mix and continue to stir or mix with electric mixer on low speed for 1 1/2 minutes or until dough forms.



Step 3:
Shape dough into balls (use ice cream scooper or spoons) and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet

Step 4:
For 12, 3 1/2 inch cookies (2 heaping table spoons) bake for 12-14 minutes
For 24, 2 1/2 inch cookies (1 round tablespoon) bake for 10-12 minutes
Look for the light golden brown color


Step 5:
Cool for 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.

Step 6:
Eat and Enjoy!

Serving suggestion:
Serve the cookies with your favorite ice cream :)
Hope you enjoyed my simple tutorial.

<3 D.

7 comments:

  1. YUMM!!! thanks for the steps, i will try to bake them too ;)

    jayve

    www.aworldofjayve.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummy! you just reminded me to do a food post again...lol
    I'm thinking of posting, how I make my favorite sandwich. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that'd be awesome! I'm looking forward to that post. Maybe I'll make my own version! :)

      Delete
  3. oh my god this looks heavenly! wish I could try it but there's no baking oven here :((

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg so yummy and I like your blog! Btw, I'm going to follow you and I'm hoping you could do the same as well ^-^ ... thanks!

    http://reesemilania.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello sis.i just want to ask where did you buy the peppermint mocha ice cream of starbucks? :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments and Suggestions are very much welcome! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...