Monday, May 14, 2012

Domestic Goddess Project: Eton Mess

I know everyone has this lazy Monday feeling. When you just want to stay in bed and sleep the whole day. Typically it's because of the weekend hang over but for me it's due to lack of enough sleep.  I'll self diagnose this time and conclude that I have insomnia. I'm not sure if it's because of my pregnancy but I want to think that it is. I try to close my eyes around 3 or 4 in the morning but end up sleeping around 5 or 6 AM. It's that bad! What made it worse is the fact that my little boy kept crying the whole night with about 30 minute intervals. He's suffering from a mild fever now. :(

Anyway, this lazy feeling gave me an idea to whip up a lazy dessert. The Eton Mess.  It is basically strawberries, cream and meringue folded together. But ironically I opted not to do the 'folding' part but instead did a bit of neat 'layering'.

Eton Mess originated from Eton College (yes that's where Prince William studied) around the 1930's and has been a tradition to serve at their annual cricket game against Winchester College. (according to Wikipedia)



Ingredients:
1. Fresh Strawberries
2. Cream (preferably heavy whipping cream but I used a can of Reddi Whip. lol)
3. Meringue
4. A teaspoon of sugar



 Step 1:
Chop strawberries into bites size pieces (cubes)

 Step 2:
Break the meringue into bite size pieces.

Step 3:
Puree or crush 1/3 of your chopped strawberries and add a teaspoon of sugar. Mix well.

Step 4:
Fold in the strawberries, cream and meringue together. OR...
Do it my way, the Neat Eton Mess. Layer each ingredient into a cute glass.
Meringue then Strawberries then Cream then Strawberry puree REPEAT PROCESS until glass is full.

Step 5:
Serve immediately and enjoy! :)

It's the easiest thing ever right? The best part of this dessert is that it's "husband approved". lol. My husband loved it. His only objection is that the strawberries I bought is a bit sour. How I wish I can taste it first before buying it. haha.


Maybe I should do a No Bake/Cook Monday segment here in my blog. What do you think?
I hope this super simple dessert inspired you to be productive today. lol Oh and belated Happy Mother's day to all the Domestic Goddesses aka MOMS out there! :)

<3 D.

16 comments:

  1. This post is amazing. How is it you dont have more followers?! I especially love the GIFs!




    www.trustme-itsparadise.blogspot.com
    www.renegadeloverrr.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It is. And it's easy to do too. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my!! I'll definitely try this in the future!! I hope I can see more posts like this from you :)

    chimneywolfram.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's super easy. I've actually lined up a couple of posts like this. Hehe :)

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure whether I hate or love this post...

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a good one! haha one full tummy <3 thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I'm sooo going to try this, it looks easy... btw, what's a good brand for whip creams, I've never bought one...hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used canned Reddi Whip. Retails for 200+ Php per can. :)) it's soooo easy promise!

      Delete
  7. Aw goodness heavens I need one as well! I love strawberries so much and the crunchy and creamy texture in eton mess is a true match made in heaven<3<3
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just love how it all blends together. Yeah sure we can do that!

      Delete
  8. This is simply divine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dish looks absolutley to die for! I cant wait to try it at the next girls night I have! We are loving your blog and now that we are following you cant wait to see what else you are going to be posting about!

    xx

    Carly and Stacie
    www.thecopperlocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments and Suggestions are very much welcome! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...