Saturday, June 16, 2012

DGP: DIY Spike Ankle Strap Shoes

Domestic Goddess Project #6

I was bored to my wits yesterday on account of a recurring power outage due to heavy rains. We lost electricity 3 times. It was such a bummer and a hassle considering that it was hot despite the rain and I'm not really comfortable in the dark. Good thing I'm prepared for this kind of situations. :)

Anywho, I finally had the perfect excuse to continue my DIY projects. And today, I'm going to show you how to spike your perfectly boring (nothing wrong about that) ankle strap shoes.


What you'll need:
The ankle strap shoes. It can be wedge, flats or heels as long as it has a detachable ankle strap.

1. The spikes
2. The screw lock for the spikes (usually comes with the spikes when you purchase it)
3. Poking/Holing tools.

So I've been bombarded with questions on where did I purchase my studs and spikes from my previous post and DIY project. You can easily purchase it at Divisoria. They got it all for you! haha. But if you want a more convenient way of purchasing it, you can buy online at a shop called Ony Mous. :)

I actually have 2 sizes of spikes. One is smaller and less pointy, the other one is bigger and very pointy.
I chose the smaller one so that I won't have a hard time putting the strap back in the shoe. :)

Step 1:
Decide on the length of intervals per spike. 
An inch away will do.

Step 2:
Poke the holes.
I poked 9 holes per strap = 18 spikes on both straps.

Step 3:
Push the studs into the hole
If the hole is too small, you can always cut your way through using the scissors.
Tip: cut a cross pattern so that the spike will easily slide to the other side.

Step 4:
Attach the screw to the back side of the spike. 
Make sure to screw it on tight.

Step 5:
Putting back the spiked strap on the shoe. 
This is the trickiest part. You have to make sure that the spiked portions fit the loop at the back of the shoe or else you have to unscrew each spike and do it again while the strap is attached to the shoe.

Finished Product
LOL at my washed out legs. Ang puti! HAHAHA
The great thing about this DIY is that you can always remove the straps if your not feeling edgy or if you are wearing it to a formal event. It's totally up to you if you want to wear it with spikes or just the plain black wedge.

Did you like my simple tutorial? Hope I inspired you to do some DIY's. :)

<3 D.

13 comments:

  1. Love your Spike ankel strap shoe diy project! Thanks for sharing.. =)


    http://oc-craft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too and you're welcome! :)

      Delete
  2. this looks awesome! i love all your DIYs , im actually gonna do this one and the ombre shorts as well this summer :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Im glad i've inspired you to DIY too. :)

      Delete
  3. this is such a simple cool idea :) i'm so excited to try this

    anni-dot-elle.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope i can do this but no spikes available. love to follow each other, i follow you now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! I'm now gonna look for some spikes.. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I indicated the online seller of spikes above. You can see it under "what you'll need".

      Delete
  6. i love what you did with your shoe! :D excellent tutorial! thanks for dropping by my site by the way! :) following you on bloglovin! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..that so crafty. Really looking awesome .. Total shoe remake..:P
    Following u now
    http://wemakeupblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. your blog is really cute and this DIY is cool!! following you!! :))


    -aiken
    www.shaveilachic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool diy :) where do you buy the spikes in divisoria? which store?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Where in divisoria exactly? And how much? :) i've been looking for thise for months already :) ty!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and Suggestions are very much welcome! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...