Friday, June 22, 2012

Dressing up Pregnant

Since I'm a week away from being 9 moths pregnant and I'll be going back to my regular shorts-t-shirt, laid back dressing in no time, I'd like to share with you some tips on how to dress up comfortably and fashionably during your preggy months.

I know it's not easy to dress up when you have one (or even two) in the oven. I personally felt lazy and most likely throw on anything I get my hands into that still fits. But after my first trimester, I decided to sort out all my clothes that would accommodate my growing bump and even shop a little for a few prego must-haves.

Stock up on dresses (unique ones are always better)
Dress: Topshop
Booties: Forever 21
Like this dress I got from Topshop with a front cut-out detail. I love love love this dress not only because it's so comfortable but also because of the unique cut-out detail that would highlight my pregnant belly. And since I love it so much, I bought it in black and dip-dye pink and gray (as shown above). :) Just pair it with a nice pair of boots or sandals and you're good to go.
Wear it from: 1st month to 9th month and even after pregnancy :)

Wear adjustable/garterized rompers
Romper: Tomato
Leather jacket: Topshop
Rompers are not easy to pull off. Trust me, I know! But of course with it's adjustable/garterized waist, it easily becomes one of our best friends. Some rompers offer sleeves but most are on the "sexier" side, with only spaghetti straps or no straps at all (tube type). If you are very conservative and don't want to flaunt your bare arms, you can always put on a trusty cover up.
Wear it from: 1st month up to 2nd trimester

Maxi Dresses and skirts
Maxi dress: KOB
Sandals: Havaianas
Bag: Oasap
 My personal favorite. Maxi dresses are a no-brainer for pregnant women wanting to be fashionable and at the same time fuss-free. It can be a maxi dress with bold prints or even just a simple solid colored one. Pair it with flat sandals or even flip-flops.
Wear it from: 1st month and beyond... :)

The Drawstring lounge pants
Drawstring pants: Terranova
Bustier top: Sparkle Couture
Bag: Oasap
Flip-flops: Accessorize
I love this lounge pants so much! I have been wearing this from my very first pregnancy up to now. This is a very versatile piece, you can pair it a bustier top on your 1st trimester then a much looser top on the following months. Pair it with pretty flip-flops or sandals for an easy vibe.
Wear it from: 1st month up to 9th month and beyond

It's now less than a month before I give birth. I'm very very very excited. I had an ultrasound yesterday and everything seems fine. Dragon Huang is on his ready position (cephalic) and got his game face on. HAHA. I hope he stays that way until our big day though. :)

Anyway, I hope this helped all the pregnant mommy to be's out there! :)

<3 D.

12 comments:

  1. Stylish mom indeed! =)

    Wishing you the best! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preggy outfit post na.. dali! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Wala pang opportunity to dress up eh. :)

      Delete
  3. Such a great post! and many lovely look for pregnant women :) Thank you for your comment and following, I'm following back :) xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those shoes!

    http://sindy-ng.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post!

    XXX,

    WMBG
    wiebkembg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. no need to dress frumpy when pregnant! ;P Have a stylish pregnancy dear, take care :)

    christine
    www.loveplethora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments and Suggestions are very much welcome! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...