Monday, July 9, 2012

My awesome birthday... cake! :)

The highlight of a birthday celebration for me is the birthday cake. So when I saw this awesome cake from Sophie's Mom, I immediately pointed it out to my husband and told him that that's the cake I want for my birthday.

Chocolate cake with salted caramel whipped cream! Gah!

Exact number of candles talaga? lol. Can you guess how old am I?

My parents accompanied me to pick up the cakes, (yes cakes, I ordered one for my dad's birthday) at their shop in Makati. Their shop is quaint, cute and pink. Plus the staff are super nice and helpful.
I ordered this one for my dad, it's his birthday today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PA!!!
It's a tres leches cake with strawberry filling. Sounds soooo good! Can't wait to try it out.

Anyway, we had an intimate celebration yesterday. My mother in law cooked a ton of dishes for lunch then we had Chinese take out for dinner with my family.
Kare-kare

The wishing eggs. :)

My favorite! Callos!

Home made mango crepe

mmmmmmm... sooo good!!!

I had a blast with my simple celebration. I am very thankful for all the blessings I received for the past 20+ years. And to everyone who wished me a happy birthday on facebook, personally and for those who called, a big thank you! Cry! lol

Oh and since I'm nearing 300 followers and it's my birthday month, I'll post a GIVEAWAY soon!!! :)

<3 D.

13 comments:

  1. Cute ng cake! <3 Grabe nagutom ako sa post mo! Favorite ko ang tempura. :)

    XO, Mish
    http://starmishie.blogspot.com
    Rire GCs International Giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake looks absolutely delicious! The chocolate insides looks so thick :) Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a nice cake! Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg those are home cooked food? They all look so yummy esp the Callos! Your cake looks awesome! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Cooked by my mother in law. :) thank you yna!

      Delete
  5. Ganda ng cake. Looking very sweet. I wanna try the tres leches too. I think they have a small stall in Megamall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super nice to look at. Kahinayang i-cut. Hehe. Yeah, they have a stall in mega.

      Delete
  6. how much po bili nyo sa cake?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have lovely pictures and that cake is very tempting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and Suggestions are very much welcome! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...