Sunday, August 18, 2013

Seoul Food

My first ever meal in Korea was actually McDonald's egg McMuffin. I know, I know, why the heck did we go for McDonalds when we are in freaking Korea, land of kimchi and bibimbap! We arrived at Incheon airport at dawn and the only establishments open were KFC, McDonalds and Jollibee CHOS! Walang Jollibee 'dun unfortunately.

So this is the compilation of the food we had on our week's stay in Korea.

LUNCH AND DINNER

This spicy grilled chicken is from a restaurant outside Nami island. This has to be the best spicy grilled chicken I've ever tasted. Hands down! Coincidentally, a friend of mine who also went to Korea said that this is her favorite dish from the same restaurant. :)

If you are interested on trying out this dish, the restaurant is located beside TOP bungee jump. You can't miss it! 

Ahhh this was our first Korean dish. It was from a hole in the wall joint near Namsangol Hanok village. The kimchi stew was so spicy and delicious, my nose kept running. LOL. But I needed that because it was too cold outside. Around 3-4 degress Celsius. The food was delicious and cheap too.

Another favorite dish of mine. This one is from Yeolbong chicken shop. It is owned by a famous kpop idol Se7en. All I can say that this is a must-try!!! The thick glass noodles are to-die-for and the chicken is best paired with their seaweed rice.

We went around 7pm at their Gangnam branch and the place was packed. We had to wait for 5 groups to be seated first but it was worth the hassle. Promise! Keep an eye for celebrities, they often dine here! :)

My mom and her friend's favorite restaurant. They absolutely loved the sausage stew here plus the servers can pass as kpop idols. Hahaha. This restaurant was 2 blocks away from Changdeokgung palace. We were drawn to eat there because one of the attendants can speak fluent English. Hehe.

Never go home without trying Samgyeopsal!!! It is basically just grilled pork but it is so damn good wrapped in lettuce.

We tried some fusion dishes too but it was just meh.

SNACKS


This is what I would like to call a poop bread. Hahaha. It is a poo-shaped bread with bean filling. It was ok for a 1000 won snack.

Blueberry yogurt bread from Paris baguette and drink from a convenience store. This is my breakfast almost everyday because it is sooooo yummy plus the nearest cafe from our hotel is Paris Baguette. How I wish they would open a branch here in Manila. :(


If you are a Blackjack or VIP (kpop thing), you might've heard about this place. It is owned by one of YG's producers, Teddy Park (former 1TYM member). I was actually hoping to bump into some Bigbang or 2ne1 members but luck was not on my side that evening. *sigh* I ordered the black panini 'cos it looks so interesting, but there was nothing special about the taste. On the other hand, the strawberry ade was so delicious and refreshing. I would definitely order the largest cup on my next visit.

Last but definitely not the least. A cult favorite, the banana milk. Haha. This is so popular in Korea no? My mom loved it but I didn't like it at all. You can find this at any convenience store. Oh you can also find some here in Manila, on K-groceries around the metro.

Ahhh this post is making me want to go back to Korea. Hopefully soon! :)

<3 D.
xx

2 comments:

  1. I want to go to Korea so badly now! The food looks delicious - I love bibimbap :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments and Suggestions are very much welcome! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...