Monday, May 18, 2015

Wanderlust: Seoul Searching, Cherry Blossom Hunting, and Myeongdong Shopping

Summer has been pretty awesome for me since I got the chance to visit Korea again. The last time I went to Seoul, It was still winter time, but now we finally got the chance to watch and marvel the beauty of South Korea in Spring.




Day 1 Morning: Cherry Blossom Hunting

We arrived  a few days late for the cherry blossoms since it bloomed earlier this year in Seoul. Everyone was expecting it to bloom the date of our arrival, but unfortunately they have to move the Cherry Blossom/Spring Flower festival to an earlier date. But we were lucky enough to see the Cherry Blossom trees at Yeoido Park before it turned green. 

It was raining quite hard that day and it was so hard to capture decent photos of the trees. My photos do not give justice to the beauty of the trees. It was a bit depressing that we didn't see it in full bloom... or did we? You'll see in my next post.


Day 1 Afternoon: Myeongdong Shopping

I was never a fan of going on group tours. We always want to travel at our own phase, no rushing, no time constraints. So when we booked this trip we knew that somehow we should plan for the whole 8 days. Day 1 was reserved solely for cherry blossom hunting, this Myeongdong trip however was unplanned.

After our trip to Yeoido Park, we decided to have lunch at Myeongdong, the most popular shopping district in Seoul. We immediately headed to the nearest restaurant in our midst and ordered this delicious bibimbap for my first lunch in Seoul. I was expecting a bit of meat in my bibimbap but unfortunately it was pure veggies and egg. On a brighter note, it was sooooo delicious and inexpensive that I am craving the same dish as we speak. The dish was so simple but so flavorful and healthy that I might consider becoming a vegetarian... or not!




The shopping part was what I have been waiting for since we arrived in Seoul. For day 1, I managed to hoard tons of cute socks for "pasalubong" since it was so cheap. We also visited a few cosmetic shops to buy Korea's beloved BB creams and face masks. I've always had a knack for shopping, obviously. It is quite exhilarating really. I will post my Seoul buys in another post hopefully soon. :)

Myeongdong is one of the busiest parts of Seoul, with thousands of Koreans and tourists alike shopping even on weekdays and hundreds of shops to choose from, It is a no-brainer that I consider this as one of my favorite shopping destinations of all time.


I very much used all of my energy roaming the streets of Myeongdong that I ended up looking like crap before going home. So please excuse the bunny face. At least you got to see a cute bunny rather than seeing the mess that I was that day. lol.

It's my second time in Seoul and it feels great to see a new side of it.  I am hoping that there will be a third time sooner rather than later. Maybe around autumn of next year? One can only hope. :)

<3 D.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and Suggestions are very much welcome! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...